The Joule Supercomputer is for use in research projects supported by NETL-ORD. Resources may be allocated to researchers from universities or other government labs at the discretion of NETL-ORD Director, provided they have NETL-ORD projects.
Gaining Access to Joule
The following information is required to gain access and make an analysis of your needs, this information should be sent to SBEUC-Access@netl.doe.gov
- Name, affiliation, and citizenship
- If your are ORISE who is your ORISE mentor(s)
- Who are your supervisor(s)
- What Field Work Proposal(s) are you supporting where you think supercomputer access is required
- Name and brief description of the code(s) you plan to run
- Software or harware resources you’ll need, e.g. specific compiler, number of cores
- A brief statement of benefits to NETL
Once Access is Approved
If you are approved for access to Joule, you will receive a packet containing user credentials, login instructions, USB encryption key, and our client software which provides:
- Remote graphical and command line access.
- File transfer capabilitites
- Port forwarding
- Collaborative desktops